DISCOVER THE ANCIENT REMEDY FOR AN ORGANIC FACE MASK TO REMOVE TOXINS
Have you ever been to the salon to get a spa facial? Oooh La La its an awesome experience, but just so pricey. Ideally we all need a deep cleaning of our face to get rid of waste, toxins and chemicals that get stored in the skin over time. Visiting a commercial spa salon, you may not get that experience of toxins being removed, maybe more put in but not removed. The history of mud masks go back to ancient time when Egyptians and Indians used special clay to treat their skin. The application of a natural mud mask is the best way to get clear skin naturally.
I decided to give a little knowledge on the healing benefits of clay and activated charcoal. Clay is a nourishing and healing organic ingredient that is rich in minerals, organic and inorganic substances, trace elements and biochemical components that are useful for skin. An organic face mask to remove toxins will naturally take care of all the icky impurities that we come in contact with everyday. Along with a great diet and water you still need to pull toxins and clean the pores in your face. Naturally you should see the condition of your skin improve over time.
The first ingredient is Activated Charcoal. Activated Charcoal (or carbon). Charcoal that has been heated or otherwise treated or processed to increase absorptive power. Highly absorbent, removes toxins, treats poisoning and also used as an air and water purifier.
The second ingredient is Bentonite Clay which was first discovered in Montmorillon, France and presently it is harvested in the US, Italy and France. Removes toxins, removes impurities and is a magnet to blackheads. This compound is aged volcanic clay that usually forms from the weathering of volcanic ash and a plethora of minerals like silica, calcium, sodium, magnesium, iron and potassium. The clay also has organic nutrients useful for healthy skin.
Volcanic clay has the ability to remove toxins, impurities, heavy metals and chemicals from the skin making it a common component in cleansing products. Bentonite Clay is edible clay that helps in relieving digestive disorders, skin allergies and detoxification. Volcanic mud contains all essential minerals for the body and all its healthy functioning.
Step by step method of using a clay mask for your face
5 Capsules of activated charcoal or 2 tablespoons
2-3 Tablespoons of Bentonite Clay
3 Tablespoons of water
Make sure you are not using metal utensils or bowls.
This organic face mask that remove toxins will not only enhance blood circulation in the skin, but removes excess oil and dirt thereby keeping the skin radiant and glowing.
- Pour distilled or filtered water in a bowl. Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of clay powder over the water. Let it sink and wet gradually without stirring it.
- Once the uppermost layer of the clay begins to absorb the moisture, add 2 tablespoons of activated charcoal to the mixture. Continue to stir until mixed well.
- If you have sensitive skin you can also add a couple of drops of olive oil to the mixture.
Opening the pores
- It is important to open the clogged pores present in the skin so the nutrients present in the clay can get absorbed into the skin more easily.
- Boil some water in a pan and bring your face near the boiling water so that the steam can absorb into your skin.
- Take the steam for 3 to 5 mins. Be VERY careful not to burn your skin.
Application of the mask
- Apply the face mask on clean skin that has been moistened with water.
- Use a paintbrush or your clean finger to apply the mask to your face.
- Spread the mask all over your face evenly using upward strokes.
- Make sure the entire face is covered in mud making sure to leave the eyes and under-eyes uncovered.
- Take 20 mins to relax on the sofa or bed with your feet elevated.
Removing the mask
- Use a clean wash cloth drenched with warm water to clean your face.
- Spread the warm damp washcloth over your face so the mask absorbs the water from the cloth. (Usually this takes about 60 seconds).
- Gently wipe off the mask from your skin using the washcloth rather than scrubbing harshly.
Skincare / post mask treatment
- Use natural rose water or cold water as a toner to shrink the open pores.
- Massage your skin with soothing Jojoba oil for 3 min. (Or your favorite oil)
Products I recommend:
Try this out and let everyone know how this worked for you. Leave a comment below.